Well here we go again, Up and down. Gavin was working with Roy last night, he had lunged him and he did great. He was ready to ride. He went to put the bridle on, reins over his head, drop and turn his head so you can slide the bridle over and bit in mouth. What happened at this stage was unbelievable. Keeping in mine Roy has had a bit in his mouth over the last 45 days probably 30 times with no problem. Roy bolted he knocked Gavin to the ground with so much force he tumbled, then he ran head first straight into the side of the corral panel. But a bow in the panel, moved the round pen and bent the t-post we had set to keep the round pen in place. He scraped his face, was bleeding from the mouth and had a cut on his leg.
This broke Gavin down, in tears he told me he was done. I will admit at that point I was relieved. Roy does great for an unpredictable amount of time then for no apparent reason he bolts. I called Joe so he could come over, it did not look like Roy needed a vet but wanted Joe's opinion. The Misners are incredible people!! While we waited for the Misners to show up Gavin walked Roy around the pen. He was in tears about half the time. How could he give up on Roy? Roy had been doing so well! Was he going to be dangerous in Sac, or to his new owners.
Joe showed up, checked out his battle scars. Then Joe, Gavin and Roy stayed in the round pen. Joe's wife and I went in the tack room, we could see out the window. They tried to get Roy to bolt, it did not happen. They tacked him up, Gavin rode him, Joe had the lung line. Roy did great! Joe asked Gavin if he wanted to lope. Gavin with a little encourgement from Joe had Roy in a lope. Roy is a pretty thing, and he has a really nice gait. Everything went well. They were done! As the saddle was being taken off, Roy bolted, this time Gavin and Joe had a line attached to Roy. He was stopped right away. Saddle went back on, back off, back on, back off Roy did nothing.
Joe's wife said your not a Mustang trainer until you cry. I will say I am alittle afraid. I really do not want my husband hurt, but I will support him in what ever dicission he makes. Roy and Gav will make it to Sac! I just wish we had way more time.
Tuesday, April 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I'm getting ready to post video of Prosperity from last week. There is a reason Angi didn't rush to get on!
Does it mean Prosperity and/or Roy aren't going to be fine horses for someone.. No they will be fine with time.
One of the people I admired the most in TX was Michelle Vie Tobin who knew her horse wasn't ready to ride and didn't push him to do it. When I got my CDs in Jan and saw that she did the horse course in hand, I cried all over again. (I missed watching it live and I'm sorry I did)
Kathy
I wanted to add Roy looks fab!! You've really done a good job getting him in shape.
Maybe some of his extra energy is from feeling FINE and this darn never ending wind ;D
Oh, Kath...this has got to be just heart breaking for you guys!!! Roy is not the average horse, mustang or not. Only God knows what he's got in store for y'all; lean on Him for the right decision, He won't let you down.
Big hugs to you and Gavin, and you're in my prayers!
Post a Comment