Tuesday, March 18, 2008
Boy are these mustangs doing great
I just visited a number of sites for trainers and was very impressed on how they are doing with their mustangs. Gavin is working with Roy but he has some diffident flight and trust issues. Gavin has saddled him and he leads. He will come to Gavin and works the round pen well. But there is no way he wants Gavin on his back. Joe Misner came over and gave Gavin some pointers so maybe this will be the week for riding. You have to have alot of patience working with these mustangs but boy does it pay off. I'm not sure how anyone that trains one lets it go. Anyway hope we can catch up to everyone before the competition. I have faith in Gavin and Roy. And everyone else keep up the good work!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Don't worry too much about when Gavin climbs on. Better to have the trusting relationship. I'm in the same boat, and it's hard when you see how far along some folks are, but very worth it in the end. I always look back to Kitty and Ranger to remind myself how long she waited before mounting up =)
With Sandy, I'm waiting for him to decide it's safe to walk alongside me. That's his big hang up and I think will be the turning point. I adopted a filly last year who would have let me climb on her the first week if I'd wanted to. They're all so different.
As for not wanting to let them go...I'm already crying over letting Sandy go, and he's not even been here two weeks! Hard not to become attached when you put so much effort and love into them, isn't it?
Post a Comment