Tuesday, March 11, 2008
Picked them up
Gavin and Joe got home safely with their new mustangs. Joe had a heap of trouble followed by a heap of help to make his trip happen. We have named our mustang Roy. We wondered what we had got ourselves into as we watched about six mustangs loaded for the trip home. All of them seemed relatively calm for the experience. Then came Roy, he reared up 3 or 4 times I though he would go over the top. He grazed himself above the eye. They got his halter on and in the trailer he went. The trip home was great. (nothing happened) We pulled into the ranch after dark and unloaded Roy. He honks alot. Anyway the next day Gavin tried to get close and by the end of the day he still could not touch Roy. He would lead but from a distance. By the end of Tuesday Gavin is able to rub him almost all over. Will keep you posted. I am going to try to post pictures of our guy. Hope everyone is doing well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Roy is a great name! I think I was gone when Gavin loaded up. What HMA is Roy from? Age? and YES!! Pictures ;D We love pictures!
I think everyone made it home except for Jamie Thomas (who is stuck in Redding until thursday)
Roy is from High Rock near Cedarville, CA/Gerlach, NV. He was foaled in 2005. We were able to get a saddle blanket on him this morning before my husband went to work. I'm not sure I should be using we, I am just the cheering part of this. Oh and crying it is unbelievable to watch, how do you not fall in love. Anyway could not get picture but started a myspace and you can see pictures there.http://www.myspace.com/mustang_challenge
Love Roy's name! Roy isn't the only challenging one out there; Sandy's got his share of confidence issues as well. We're taking the slow route, nice and easy. Sounds like Gav and Roy will be doing the same thing, eh?
I met Joe Friday morning, but he probably doesn't recall that as it was so brief. I heard that he, along with Jamie, had some troubles. Thankfully they're both home safely now.
Post a Comment